More than 15 years programming and application development experience. Expert in software design patterns, Object-Oriented Programming, the C++ Standard Template Library, and Windows and Web Forms. Expert in agile programming techniques and processes such as Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, and Planning Poker.
- M.S., Bioinformatics
- Relevant courses:Machine Learning in Bioinformatics (I529); Advanced Scientific Computing (B673); Structure and Function of Biomolecules (T540); Semantic Web (Z636); Introduction to Cheminformatics (I571); Computational Genome Science (Z620); Information Visualization (Z637)
- B.A., Computer Science with minor in psychology.
Microsoft: Proficient with all versions of Visual Studio, and the .Net Framework, as well as Fitnesse, NUnit, NHibernate and Coderush. Also: GIT, Perforce and Subversion source control management
- Algorithmic Alley (http://algorithmicalley.com), a web site demonstrating unusual and interesting algorithms
- ACM Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computing Theory – Book review of Introduction to Modern Cryptography (Katz & Lindell) Fall 2010; review of Introduction to Scheduling (Robert & Vivien) forthcoming
- Amazon – Book review of Professional C# 4.0and .Net 4 (Nagel) July 2010
Indiana University Scientific Applications/Performance Tuning Group
Designed and maintained a Ruby on Rails website with statistical analyses and visualizations of usage
patterns of the university supercomputers
Senior Software Engineer2007-2012
Engineer and architect for a large COTS enterprise training management web application.
- Designed and implemented web portal using a SOAP-based C# web service
Designed and implemented server strategy for management of large-scale medical image database, including multiple server user interfaces and service plugins for various image-generating modalities.
- Designed and implemented internal continuous integration build server, with support for documentation, archiving, automated testing, and installation.
- Designed and implemented QVA tracing procedure, calculating arterial diameters and estimating stenosis percentages based on heart images.
- Software Engineer 2000-2005
Developed Unified Messaging desktop software in C# and C++, for presentation and control of various interaction types such as voicemail, fax, and telephony. Designed and developed .Net transportation layer and architecture for addin support, as well as a series of addins integrating various third-party applications such as Microsoft's Live Communications Server and Windows Messenger, and Salesforce.com.
- Integrated one of the earliest VOIP applications into a desktop client.
- Developed API for third-party client and server integration using COM.
- Lead Programmer 1997-2000
Created design documents for approval by clients, and developed proof-of-concept demos for PC games, including Deer Hunter II, Primal Prey, Paintball, and others. Led team of programmers and artists in design-to-completion of several games using C++ and DirectX.
- Developed resource management tools to facilitate the integration of art, sound effects, and UI elements into games.
- Created a proposal for a port of Deer Hunter to an online game written using Macromedia's Shockwave. Designed and developed the game in cooperation with an artist.
- Programmer Analyst 1995-1997
Primary developer on many educational applications for both Windows and Macintosh, using Microsoft Visual C++, Think C++, and Borland C++
- Developer on a team of programmers writing educational applications in Macromedia Director
- Programmer 1993-1995
Developer of typing tutorial software targeted at students from Pre-K through high school, on both Windows and Macintosh, using Microsoft Visual C++, Think C++, and Borland C++
Database Administrator 1990-1993
Indiana University Business School
Created software in DBIII and DB4 to facilitate data entry for donor development records.
- Generated reports and mailing labels for donor recognition and development.